Office Administrator – Full Time Position
Reports To: Finance Manager
About the Organization
Gloucester Housing is the fourth largest provider of social and affordable housing in Ottawa, providing affordable homes to nearly 300 families in six communities in eastern Ottawa. Gloucester Housing works closely with tenants, community partners, political leaders, service providers, contractors and others to provide quality affordable housing to its residents.
The Finance and Administration Officer ensures Gloucester Housing Corporation service standards are met. This position provides financial and administrative support to the organization.
• Responsibilities (this is not an exhaustive list)
• Oversee software implementation and maintenance of housing system (Yardi) and office equipment on site.
• Assists with accounts receivable/payable for organization
• Assist Finance Manager with compiling other financial reports.
• Prepare banking deposits.
• Prepare monthly rental and maintenance arrears reports
• Prepare Tenant Newsletter, communications, and notices on a regular basis. Oversee all social media and web site.
• Triaging all incoming communications to the appropriate personnel for action.
• Assist Executive Director with administrative duties such as Board correspondence, meeting preparation and reports
• Update and organize the Board Files with any new documentation.
• Support logistics of Management Team programs including coordination of meetings, seminars, workshops, special project, outside training and events.
• Assist with tenant engagement outreach and housing administration support.
• Performs other duties as requested.
Education and Experience
• 2 years of post-secondary education
• Office Administration Certificate would be an asset.
• 2 years of related work experience in office management
• Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements
• Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of Yardi Voyager is considered an asset
• Intermediate verbal and written communication in English and French
• Knowledge of additional languages is considered an asset
Supervision and Decision-Making
• Decision-making forms a large part of the performance and impacts the entire function of the organization. Judgement and independent thinking are required for developing solutions.
• Works independently and must be able to think critically. Methods and procedures are established.
• Minimal impact if errors are made and can be corrected.
• Regular use of confidential information.
• No direct reports for supervision.
• Interaction with internal colleagues will be respectful and cooperative.
• Interaction with external contacts could involve dealing with sensitive interpersonal situations, including the de-escalation of potentially difficult situations.
• Sensitivity to diversity and multiculturalism
• Periods of moderate physical effort required (for example, sitting, standing, walking, reading and the constant use of a computer and phone screens;
• Some degree of physical skill and coordination required such as basic keyboarding, good coordination, speed and accuracy.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range between $45,000.00 – $50,000.00
Health Benefits and RRSP Contributions Included
Application Deadline: November 24, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Send Cover and Resume to: [email protected]